Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's time

It wasn't long after that second epidural, that my wife decided it was time to push - much to everyone, including the nurses, surprise. There were no doctors around, but everyone agreed it was time.

It was all a blur. After a 24 hour (3 hours of hard labour), first pregnancy, this all seemed all too surreal. It was coming and no sooner had she pushed, there was the baby's head. They say the second time could be easier, and although it had been a painful last hour and these contractions certainly didn't look like a walk in the park, this was going much more smoothly.

No suction cups or threats of forceps or c-sections. It was coming and there was no turning back.

Half-hour. That's all it could have been? And there it was. Our new little baby ....

Well, I'll leave it at that for tonight. Here is a photo of the new addition to our family. I'll add some color and share the name tomorrow. We are still undecided at this time.

I need some sleep! Emma will be up before I know it!

I can't wait to see her with her new ... Baby brother or sister. ;)


No comments: