Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The waiting game

Shortly after the last post, seeing as though not much seemed to be happening, I took a dinner break.

The pitosen was in and we were up to a 10 on the dosage scale. The contractions were there, but my wife says they are nothing too spectacular. I have lost all sense of time, but they start off at a level of two, and go up 2 every half hour so you'll have to do the math.

By the time I finished the last post at dinner time, my sister came in to say Eva was in considerably more pain, and they had put the epdiral in. Here is a link for some background and visuals on epidurals. Yuk! I give my wife lots of credit. I hate needles, never mind one in the back. Hey, I guess if it gets rid of the pain.

I missed the first epidural, but by the time I got back to the room my wife looked like she was in a hundred times more pain than she was when I left the room an hour before.

I wasn't in the room long, before they decided to try a second time as the pain wasn't subsiding. After the second one, it still seemed like the pain was getting worse before it got better.

This time around was much different in many ways.

It's around 7:45pm.

Play Song

No comments: